An everyday account that lets you access your money, your way.
With an ANZ Access Advantage everyday account you could have access to unlimited transactions using ANZ ATMs, ANZ Phone & Internet Banking, plus branch, cheque and EFTPOS.
Upgrade to the ANZ Access Visa Debit card
Existing ANZ Access Advantage customers can upgrade to an ANZ Access Visa Debit Card with payWave.
If you would like to add an ANZ Access Visa Debit card to your existing account4, please either visit your local ANZ branch or call 1800 008 177 Monday - Friday, 8am - 8pm (AEST).
ANZ Access Advantage is covered by the Australian Government Deposit Guarantee Scheme3.
- With ANZ Visa Debit Card with payWave4, you can use your own money online, over the phone and overseas.
- Enjoy the added security of ANZ Falcon™ fraud monitoring your ANZ Access Visa Debit card with payWave transactions - even when you're shopping overseas or online. All transactions are automatically protected by ANZ Falcon™ which monitors your transactions for unusual or suspicious activity.
- ANZ Visa payWave, a new contactless payment feature on the ANZ Access Visa Debit card allowing you to simply wave and go for purchases under $100 at any merchants who have a contactless terminal. For purchases over $100 you can still wave and enter your PIN in the usual way.
- Choose from 3 card colours.
To open an ANZ Access Advantage account, you must:
- Be an Australian resident, with an Australian address who can complete the ANZ Customer Identification Process in Australia upon opening the account or be an existing ANZ customer.
If you are currently living overseas but are planning to come to Australia, you can apply for an ANZ Access Advantage account using the non-Australian resident form.
ANZ can help you arrange your banking in Australia before your move begins. Find out more about moving to Australia.
Eligibility for concessions
You can apply for us to waive the monthly account service fee on one nominated ANZ Access Advantage account if any of the following apply:
- are aged under 18
- are aged 60 or over
- are a full-time student at an Australian educational institution (annual review required)
- receive a disability support pension or mobility allowance from Centrelink
- have an ANZ Home Loan, an ANZ residential Investment Loan or an ANZ Portfolio Facility2 and have your salary credited to your account
- have a combined deposit balance of $50,000 in one or more of the following ANZ accounts:
- Full-time students need to show proof of enrolment with an Australian Educational Institution at an ANZ branch in order to receive the account service fee waiver. Students are able to have the fee waived for the duration of their course as long as they can show their commencement and completion dates.
- Customers aged under 18 or aged 60 or over need to show proof of age at an ANZ branch in order to receive a monthly account service fee waiver.
- Customers will need to show receipt of a disability support pension or mobility allowance from Centrelink at an ANZ branch in order to receive a monthly account service fee waiver
Interest rates shown below only apply to ANZ Access Advantage.
|Balances between $1 - $49,999||(View current rates)|
|Balances between $50,000 - $99,999||(View current rates)|
|Balances over $100,000||(View current rates)|
Fees and charges
Monthly account service fee
$5.00 a month which allows you unlimited transactions1 using ANZ ATMs, ANZ Phone & Internet Banking, plus branch, cheque and EFTPOS.
For more information on fees download the ANZ Personal Banking Account Fees and Charges (PDF 388kB) or ANZ Personal Banking General Fees and Charges (PDF 424kB).
Unsure if ANZ Access Advantage is right for you?
Compare all ANZ everyday bank accounts to see which one suits your needs.
Are you eligible for a concession on your account?
On application for a fee waiver at a branch the monthly account service fee may be waived if you meet the eligibility criteria. Please refer to the ‘Eligibility tab’ for a list of eligible criteria and ANZ accounts.
Don't want to apply online?
Call 1800 008 177 from 8.00am to 8.00pm (AEST) Monday to Friday
If you are currently overseas but are planning to move to Australia, you can apply for an ANZ Access Advantage account prior to your arrival. Visit our Moving to Australia information section to begin the account application process.
Call 61 3 8699 6943 from 8.00am to 8.00pm (AEST) Monday to Friday.
Terms and conditions are available on application. Fees and charges apply.
1. Fees and charges apply. Please refer to ANZ Personal Banking Account Fees and Charges (PDF 388kB) for fees and charges that apply.
2. Loans not eligible include ANZ Simplicity PLUS, ANZ Money Saver (no longer sold), ANZ Easy Start (no longer sold) and ANZ Interest-in-Advance Residential Investment Loans.
3. Deposit accounts with ANZ with balances of up to and including A$250,000 in total are guaranteed by the Federal Government with out charge. The guarantee applies to the total balance held in one or more ANZ deposit accounts by each legal entity, up to a maximum amount of A$250,000. For further information please refer to the Financial Claims Scheme.
Any advice does not take into account your personal needs and financial circumstances and you should consider whether it is appropriate for you.
ANZ recommends you read the Terms and Conditions and the Financial Services Guide (PDF 104kB) which are available at anz.com or by calling 13 13 14, before deciding whether to acquire, or continue to hold, the product.
4. Eligibility criteria apply to issue of ANZ Access Visa Debit card.
™ANZ Falcon is a trademark of Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited (ANZ) ABN 11 005 357 522. Falcon is a trademark of Fair Isaac Corporation.
You need Adobe Reader to view PDF files. You can download Adobe Reader free of charge.