ANZ First Visa
A simple, straight forward, low annual fee credit card
0% p.a. for the first 9 months on balance transfers then reverts to the standard variable rate on purchases currently (View current rates)1
Awarded Smart Investor Blue Ribbon Award 2012 for balance transfer card of the year
An ANZ First Visa credit card may be suitable for you if you would like to:
- have a no frills, low annual fee credit card
- have 24/7 Falcon™ around the clock monitoring for suspicious transactions on your ANZ First Visa credit card
- Design your own ANZ First Visa credit card by simply loading your favourite image or choose from a library of images using ANZ designmycard4.
- Worldwide emergency credit card replacement for your ANZ First Visa card.
- As an ANZ First Visa cardholder, you have access to a range of services including:
- Flexibility to add up to three additional credit cardholders to your account at no extra cost.
- Extended warranty3 - double the manufacturer's expressed Australian warranty on goods by up to 12 months when the entire purchase is charged to your ANZ First Visa.
- 90-day purchase security insurance3 - insurance against loss, theft or breakage over a range of new personal items when the purchase is charged to your ANZ First Visa card.
- ANZ Visa payWave, a new contactless payment feature on the ANZ First Visa credit card allowing you to pay for purchases under $100 without swiping, signing, or entering a PIN at any participating merchants.
- Visa Entertainment providing you with access to special events, exclusive merchandise packages and home entertainment products. Visit the Visa entertainment website for more information.
How to apply:
Once approved, you may expect to receive your low annual account fee credit card within five business days. You don’t need to be an ANZ customer to apply for ANZ First Visa credit card.
ANZ credit card application requirements:
- You are over 18 years of age.
- You have a good credit rating.
- You are a permanent Australian resident, earning a minimum annual income of $15,000 if applying for an ANZ Credit Card account. If you require a Platinum credit card account or you are a non-permanent Australian resident, you must earn a minimum annual income of $50,000.
Terms and conditions are available on application. Fees and charges apply.
All applications for credit cards are subject to ANZ's credit assessment criteria.
1. Offer only available to applicants who apply for the balance transfer by 30 June 2013. Offer available to balances transferred from non-ANZ credit or store cards only. Not available in conjunction with other offers, packages or promotions or in respect of balances transferred from an existing ANZ credit card. For new ANZ credit card accounts the balance transfer must be requested at the time of applying for or, at the time of activating your new ANZ credit card account. For new card applicants, the balance transfer interest rate reverts to the standard variable interest rate applicable to purchases on your card after 9 months from the date the card application is approved and any balances that remain unpaid at the end of this period will become subject to the standard variable rate for purchases. For transfers to an existing ANZ credit card, the balance transfer interest rate reverts to the standard variable interest rate applicable to purchases on your card after 9 months from the date the balance transfer request is processed by us. The standard variable interest rate is (View current rates) on purchases and (View current rates) on cash advances for ANZ First, as at (View current rates) and is subject to change. Terms and conditions apply to balance transfers (please call 13 13 14 for a copy). Payments to your account are applied in accordance with the ANZ Credit Cards Conditions of Use.
3. Extended Warranty and 90-day Purchase Security Insurance is underwritten by Zurich Australian Insurance Limited ABN 13 000 296 640, AFSL 232507. Terms and conditions apply to the cover provided. For more information refer to the ANZ Platinum Cards Insurance booklet (PDF 680kB) – Part 2 Zurich Policy Wordings.
4. Subject to ANZ designmycard Image Guidelines. Terms and Conditions available at the Designmycard website.
5. Interest free days do not apply if you do not pay your Closing Balance (which includes any outstanding balance transfers, cash advances, purchases and Promotional Plans) in full by the due date each month. Payments to your account are applied in the order set out in the ANZ Credit Cards Conditions of Use.
6. ANZ Car Rental Cover is underwritten by QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited (ABN 78 003 191 035) trading as Western QBE Insurance.
™ ANZ Falcon is a trademark of Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited (ANZ) ABN 11 005 357 522. Falcon™ is a trademark of Fair Isaac Corporation.
You need Adobe Reader to view PDF files. You can download Adobe Reader free of charge.