Your first home loan
A home loan is likely to be a 25 to 30 year commitment, so it is not a decision to be taken lightly. Before choosing your first mortgage, you'll want to consider a range of things.
- Does the loan suit your long term needs?
- Would you be able to meet your financial commitments if you reduce your working hours or salary?
- Are you planning to start a family? If you are, what financial impact will this have?
What to look for in your first mortgage
Some features you may want to consider when selecting your first home loan are:
- the ability to make additional repayments to your loan without extra charges
- the ability to make repayments via direct debit, ATMs, Internet and phone banking services
- 100% mortgage offset facility
- the ability to redraw funds at any time
- home loan fees
- can you restructure the loan further down the track?
ANZ Home Loan Scenario Calculator
Before you decide on which loan would best suit your needs, use the ANZ Home Loan Scenario Calculator to find out how different scenarios can affect the cost and duration of your home loan, such as:
- changing your loan amount, loan term or interest rate
- using an offset account
- redrawing additional loan repayments
- making a lump sum payment.
|Variable rate loans|
Variable rate loans have an interest rate that fluctuates throughout the loan term. The ANZ Standard Variable Rate Home Loan has features that make paying off your home loan as easy and flexible as possible.
|Basic variable rate loans|
You also have the option of a 'no frills' variable rate loan. This is a loan that has a lower interest rate, and offers a basic range of loan features. The ANZ Simplicity PLUS Home Loan is a 'no frills' loan, where you don't pay for extra features you don't require.
|Fixed rate loans|
Fixed rate loans have interest rates that are fixed for a certain period during the term of the loan. The ANZ Fixed Rate Home Loan offers you the certainty of knowing what your repayments are and safeguards you against increasing interest rates.
|Split rate loans|
An ANZ Split Rate Home Loan gives you flexibility as you can combine a variable and fixed rate loan, or two variables or two fixed loans, it's up to you! This means you get the benefits of both types of loan. At ANZ we allow you to split between any of our home loan and residential investment loan products.
Compare different mortgage rates
The ANZ Comparison Rate Calculator will help you work out the comparison rate of ANZ loans and loans from other financial institutions.
Need help choosing your first home loan?
Use the ANZ Home Loan selector to help you find an ANZ home loan to suit your needs.
How to apply
Send us an enquiry
You need Adobe Reader to view PDF files. You can download Adobe Reader free of charge.