Standard will preparation
- if you wish to avoid your estate from being distributed via an inflexible legislative formula
- if you intend to benefit chosen individuals with specific gifts
- if your estate assets are below $500,000
- if your financial and personal obligations are straightforward.
Estate planning advice and complex will preparation
- if your wealth comprises significant non-estate assets, such as family trusts, self managed superannuation or a complex business structure
- where the combined value of your estate assets (including your primary residence) exceeds $500,000
- where a flexible and ongoing tax effective income stream for your beneficiaries is important
- if the existence of an ex-spouse or children from a prior relationship may lead to competing interests
- where your intended beneficiaries are particularly vulnerable, either professionally, personally or financially
- where you wish to look at ways of benefiting successive generations, such as your grandchildren.
- where your financial situation is complex and the administration of your estate is likely to be difficult and time consuming
- if your family structure is complex
- where you feel that your family and friends do not have the time or skill to administer your estate.
- if your objectives are philanthropic and you wish to provide ongoing support for specific charities or purposes
- where you have vulnerable beneficiaries who you wish to protect
- where you wish to support one person, such as your surviving partner or your parent, during the remainder of their life, but wish for the capital of the trust fund to benefit others
- if you wish to set aside funds for a specific purpose, such as the education of your children, grandchildren or other loved ones
- if you wish to minimise the income tax liability of your intended beneficiaries by providing them with a flexible structure through which they can split an income stream
- where you wish to protect your assets against a variety of commercial risks that may affect you or any of your intended beneficiaries eg bankruptcy.
ANZ Trustees has a dedicated team of professionals with expertise in all aspects of administration, legal, compliance, investment management and taxation.
Find out about other services provided by ANZ Trustees:
Call ANZ Trustees on 1800 011 047 to find out more
ANZ Trustees Limited (ABN 33 006 132 332) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited (ABN 11 005 357 522). The information contained in this Summary is intended as an overview only. It should not be relied upon as a substitute for detailed professional advice.
You need Adobe Reader to view PDF files. You can download Adobe Reader free of charge.