ANZ Seeds of Renewal 2012 – Creating education and employment opportunities to help build thriving communities
Seeds of Renewal is a grants program, supported by ANZ, which aims to contribute to building thriving communities in regional Australia. Since it started in 2003, Seeds of Renewal has provided more than $3 million in grants to 635 community projects.
In 2012, the program provides grants of up to $10,000 to community organisations for projects focused on creating education and employment opportunities. The grants are independently administered by the Foundation for Rural and Regional Renewal (FRRR) which delivers a number of grant programs across regional Australia.
Who could apply?
Not-for-profit community based organisations with an ABN or Incorporation Certificate which contribute to the development of education and employment opportunities in communities with a population of 15,000 people or less.
What could be funded?
- Projects which focus on creating education and employment opportunities in regional communities. Examples of suitable projects include
- Developing and distributing education materials in remote/isolated communities
- Purchasing IT equipment for community centers for educational purposes
- Supporting programs that help people to prepare for employment
- Individual grants will be made in amounts of up to $10,000.
Key dates and application process
- Applications for the 2012 program are now closed (they were open from Monday 2 July to Friday 31 August 2012)
- All applications were reviewed and successful applications finalised throughout October 2012
- Written confirmation will be sent on Monday 12 November 2012 to successful and unsuccessful applicants
- Grant presentations will be held with the local ANZ Regional Executive from mid November 2012
ANZ in the Community
Seeds of Renewal demonstrates ANZ’s commitment to making a difference in regional Australia. ANZ employees actively support their local communities through a wide range of activities including volunteering and fundraising. ANZ is also committed to a range of financial literacy and inclusion programs including MoneyMinded, MoneyBusiness and Saver Plus. For more information about these programs please visit ANZ community.
In 2012, Seeds of Renewal funded 35 community projects including:
- IT equipment to make educational DVDs for the Nambucca Men’s Shed
- Providing nationally accredited business training to young women for Ballina Region Community College
- Website development and training for Communities of the Three Brothers.
Case study from 2011
Connecting communities – Girudala Training and Educational Hub, Qld
In 2011, the Girudala Community Cooperative Society was awarded a Seeds of Renewal grant of $5,000 which enabled the purchase of computer software and educational materials to assist community members of all ages.
In the Girudala training and educational hub, younger community members are now participating in a bi-weekly homework program where they can access educational tools online. Elderly community members are learning to use computers for the first time – connecting with relatives overseas via email and researching their family trees.
For more information visit your local ANZ branch or ANZ Business Centre, Foundation for Rural & Regional Renewal or contact FRRR on 1800 170 020.