Apply for an ANZ credit card
Apply online and receive a response in 60 seconds!
Simply select the credit card that is right for you and we will take you directly to the online credit card application form. The online application will take you about 10-15 minutes to complete.
Which ANZ credit card should you apply for?
At ANZ we'll do whatever it takes to help you choose a card that's right for you, whether you're looking for a low interest rate, a low annual fee, credit card rewards, or you want the world at your feet with special privileges and upgrades. You can even choose a Visa debit card and use your own funds anywhere Visa is accepted.
Compare ANZ credit cards using our credit card comparison table, and choose a credit card account that could meet your needs. You can apply for a credit card online.
Applying for an ANZ credit card
- ANZ credit card application requirements
- Information required to complete an online credit card application
- What happens after you apply online?
- What do you need to do if your application gets approved and you are a new ANZ customer?
- If you do not want to apply online?
- Debit card applications
- You are over 18 years of age.
- You have a good credit rating.
- You are a permanent Australian resident, earning a minimum annual income of $15,000 if applying for an ANZ credit card account. If you require a Platinum credit card account or you are a non-permanent Australian resident, you must earn a minimum annual income of $50,000.
Please ensure you have all the information required before starting, including:
- your email address, to receive a response in 60 seconds
- Australian driver's licence (if applicable)
- your employer's address and contact number (as listed in the White Pages)
- your accountant's name and contact number (if self employed)
- details of your income, assets and liabilities.
We will offer you a credit limit based on the information you provide us, so it is important to provide us with as much information as possible.
- You should receive a response in 60 seconds and an online application reference number.
- Once approved, you will usually receive your card and welcome kit within five business days
- When you receive your card you will need to activate your card before you commence using it. A PIN advice will be mailed 2 business days after the card is issued, and you will have a choice of verifying your credit purchase with either a PIN or a signature at the point of sale. If you have an ANZ American Express® card attached to your credit card account, you will not be issued with a PIN for this card. You should sign for verification of a transaction both in Australia and overseas.
- You can manage your account through ANZ Phone Banking, ANZ Internet Banking or ANZ Mobile Banking. Register for ANZ Phone Banking to obtain Customer Registration Number and Telecode, which will also allow you to also manage your card through ANZ Internet Banking.
If you have any problems with your online application call us on 13 33 33 from 8.00 am to 8.00 pm (AEST) Monday to Friday and quote your online application reference number.
As a new ANZ customer, you will need to complete ANZ's Customer Identification Process before activating your account. We request that you visit any ANZ branch in Australia and provide personal identification to satisfy this identification requirement.
Prior to visiting an ANZ Branch, please refer to the Customer Identification Process Acceptable Identification Documents form (PDF 156kB) for details of acceptable identity documents.
Simply call us on 13 33 33 from 8.00 am to 8.00 pm (AEST) Monday to Friday or visit any ANZ branch.
To find your local branch visit our online ANZ Branch Locator.
If you want all of the benefits of using a credit card while accessing your own money, then get an ANZ Access Visa Debit Card on your ANZ Access Advantage, ANZ Access Select or ANZ Access Deeming account. A credit application is not necessary, and the debit card allows you to shop online and over the phone at more than 29 million outlets around the world. Find out more about an ANZ Access Visa Debit account.
All applications for credit are subject to ANZ's credit assessment criteria.
Terms and Conditions available on application. Fees and charges apply.
American Express is a registered trademark of American Express. This card is issued by Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited (ANZ) pursuant to a license from American Express.
You need Adobe Reader to view PDF files. You can download Adobe Reader free of charge.